Back to the Future? Problems and Possibilities for Educational Equity, Quality and Sustainability
ICSEI Virtual Congress 2022
Jan 5-6 and Jan 10-11, 2022
Theme and Context for the Congress
Many education researchers, practitioners and policymakers feel as though they have been in a time machine for more than a year. Who could have predicted in early 2020 where we would be today? Globally, the pandemic has exposed major disparities in education within and between countries. At the same time, education systems were prompted to engage with imagining new possibilities. Education systems are looking to the future, to reimagine education, to identify synergies and to respond to new opportunities.
We have learned, collectively and collaboratively, about how to address problems and envision new possibilities in education. For example, we have learned about the role of technology and strategies to address the digital divide. We have been prompted to forge new links between schools, families and communities. We have addressed crises of testing, assessment and evaluation. We have expanded our understanding of learning and the importance of wellbeing. And we can apply that knowledge to increase educational equity, quality and sustainability across the globe.
Congress presentations will address how we can collaborate across roles, sectors, communities, and countries to ensure educational equity, quality and sustainability across the globe.
- How are systems engaging in reform and innovation emphasising equity, quality and sustainability?
- What have we learned about education equity, quality, and sustainability?
- What priorities must be considered in order to move forward?
ICSEI will also seek proposals that examine how we might understand the present and imagine the future of education globally. In particular, proposals may address how we can understand and imagine in relation to the following sub-themes:
- Developing leadership practices and capabilities across systems and boundaries that emphasise equity, quality, and sustainability
- Building systems that promote educational equity and remove the causes of inequity
- Fostering (digital) collaboration across multiple disciplines, roles and/or sectors to improve outcomes for children and youth
- Using data and evidence in schools and education systems to enhance equity and quality
- Identifying means and methods through which we can create and share knowledge about educational effectiveness, improvement and innovation
- Enhancing equity, quality and sustainability from the early years onwards
We welcome you to join us in our second virtual congress as we come together to share our learning and imagine the way forward to ensure education quality, equity and sustainability.
- 24 June 2021 – Call for proposals
- 1 August 2021 – Proposal submission system open
- 31 August 2021 – Registration opens
- 13 September 2021 – Proposal submission deadline
- 31 October 2021 – Notification of successful proposals
- 5 January 2022 – Registration closes
- January 5-6 & 10-11 – Main conference
Registration Fees (all fees are in Australian Dollars)
|Membership||Full Congress||Weekly Rate Jan 5/6 or Jan 10/11|
|Middle/lower middle income country||$150||$80|
ICSEI 2022 is hosted by the ICSEI Board, in partnership with LearnLab of Norway. Building in the success of our first virtual congress, we are planning a high quality, engaging, and relevant program for 2022.